FearlessFerret

Default GE Drier timer repair

This is not strictly speaking electronics, but it should be a a piece of cake.
Let me know if there is a more appropriate forum.

I have a GE drier model DDC0580BBLWH drier whose timer is not advancing. My
wife set the thing up one evening and the next morning I found it still
running--I don't think this is areal good safety-wise.

I assume that if I get a replacement timer module it should be fairly simple to
hook it up, but it's not worth my time if the job isn't a slam-dunk. What I
want to know is are there any tricks to this that would make the job more
complicated than it should be because if so I'll just pay to have it done.

/ff