Lew Hartswick

Default OT - Global Warming Revisited

wrote:

Kirk Gordon wrote:

Here's a simple experiment, for those who are interested. Put a
small dish of water in the freezer, and also a small bag of salt. Let
them both chill completely overnight, so the water is frozen, and the
salt is equally cold. Then pour the salt on top of the ice, and leave
everything in the freezer for another few hours. Then have a look.
Because the salt was as cold as the ice, it won't have melted anything.
It'll still be sitting there on top of the ice.

Obviously you didn't try that yourself.

You should.

Well it realy depends on just how cold the freezer is.
A saturated solution of sodium chloride freezing
point is I believe 0 deg F . As I remember it that
is how it was originally specd.
...lew...