Jon Danniken

Default Faint Horizontal lines on top 1/4 of television screen (model correction)

"Tom MacIntyre" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:
"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote:
Lots are in the range of 100uF at 35 volts, near the vertical output.

This
is all just generic advice, BTW - don't know your model.

Thank you Mark, and others. I located my Vertical IC (don't laugh), a
uPC1378 variant, as well as five different electrolytics in the section.
One of these is actually a 100uF at 35 volts, just as you predicted.

Am I going to want to special order a "low ESR" cap for a replacement?

My
local parts store only carries "regular" caps; otherwise I'll have to go
through digikey.

Thanks again, and I apologize for the delayed response to this.

Jon

Get the 105 degrees C version at least. Low ESR likely isn't
important.

Thanks, Tom. I ended up ordering the batch through digikey, low ESR 105C
jobs, since they were about as cheap as the other ones anyway. The only
outlet in town had the same old dried up electrolytics they've had for the
last 10 years, and the TV repair place wanted $7.20 for just *one* cap (I
guess that's their way of saying they don't want to sell me caps, lol).

Jon