Greg O

Default Beckett Oil Burner Shuts Off After 10 secs.

"frank1492" wrote in message
Hi Greg-
Thanks for your detailed reply.
I personally am a fan of gas also, but there are no gas lines in
her area. I live in Worcester MA and use natural gas with a Putnam
Boiler (circa 1930) and a Powerpyle. Whereas I know at least 50%
of my heat goes up the chimney, I have virtually 0 maintenance
except for an occasional cleaning of the burner. It is a one-pipe
steam system.
Someday soon I will get around to replacing "the beast" with
new technology as I realize I will be able to cut my heating bills
in half. With gas prices surging up to 70% this winter, the moment
may be at hand!
What gas boilers do you favor?
Thanks.
Frank

She does not have natural gas available, but don't forget about propane!

We sell Buderus, and a couple others. Buderus makes a high efficiency gas
that gets up to 98% efficiency depending on use. Expensive, but if you plan
on staying in your home it maybe worth it.

http://www.buderus.net/Default.aspx?...ng%20 heaters

You can also add a indirect water heater for your domestic hot water use. My
boss has one on his home and has an unbelievable amount of hot water
available. He can wash clothes, take multiple showers and not run out of hot
water. with the boiler he has he gets something like 185 gallons per hour
recovery.

http://www.buderus.net/Default.aspx?...=multi-purpose

Greg