Tekkie®

Default Arcoaire RPJ furnace problem, need advice

Who Me? posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

I have an Arcoaire RPJ heat-exchanger that I just recently had
serviced for cleaning. The inspector cleaned the unit, but noticed
that the fan comes on unusually late (around 2 minutes). He told me
that the normal time is around 30 seconds, but that the temperature
probe did not kick the fan on until 2 minutes. After the fan kicks
on, the heat exchanger temperature continues to rise until it reaches
a threshold point to turn off the burners (a safety measure). This
happens rather quickly.

He thought that this might be an indication of bad circulation, so we
opened any closed vents, and removed the filter to get the maximum
airflow. Still, the heat threshold was reached. We then turned on
the fan on the thermostat (this is the maximum fan setting). This
allowed more air to flow through the exchanger, but the temperature
within the heat exchanger was increasing, albeit slowly.

The inspector thought that the problem could be one of 2 things:

a) The heat ducts are undersized. or
b) the furnace is too big for my unit.

I was describing my situation with some friends at lunch, who thought
I should get another opinion on the matter. I will contact another
furnance repair place shortly.

Does anyone here have an indication as to what the problem could be?

Certainly
--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don't know and I don't care...