Porky

Default Which discrete transistor would you use for a boost circuit?

Then there's the third solution, since we're talking tranny swaps
anyway --- I could use a twin triode tube to drive the thing. There's a
cheap way to power the tube with 2 12v or 6v transformers, rest in
peace, Fred Nachbaur. The first one powers the heater. The second one
is wired back-to-back to the first, which gives you an isolated 120
vac, which is then rectified to power the plate. Butt..... that's for
another time. I'm off now in search of transfomers. Thanks, guys.