Bill Rubenstein

Default question and drive by gloat

Read the plate on the motor. Or, is it not possible to do that -- I
can't remember how it is mounted in that machine. If you can, it should
have enough information for us to figure it out.

Also, if you can get a manufacturer and model number off the controller,
that should help us.

In any event, using a variable speed motor doesn't mean that belt
changes can go away completely. Go to the high torque pulley and things
will be better for you.

And, another thought comes to mind -- are you stopping the motor or does
the motor continue to run and the you are causing the belt to slip?

I'm guessing that it is a dc motor.

Bill

Alex wrote:
Bill Rubenstein wrote:

Leo:

I guess that I missed part of the thread -- can somebody be specific
about what exactly the motor is? Is there a variable speed controller?
Is it AC or DC?

Bill

Thanks for the reply Bill. I don't know much about these things. It
is an electronic variable speed and a 220v 2hp motor. thats all I
know. I do know that it's the motor thate came standard with the
Vicmarc back in 1997 when it was built. Maybe someone smarter than me
knows.

Alex