John Harshman

Default Some Thought On Intelligent Design - WAS: OT Is George BushDrinking?

John Wilkins wrote:

John Harshman wrote:

John Wilkins wrote:

John Harshman wrote:

John Wilkins wrote:

John Harshman wrote:

wrote:

John Harshman wrote:

And here's a chart I was looking for before that you will find
instructive: http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/phyla/metazoafr.html

I just have to ask, What does he mean by 'groups'?

The chart means "phyla".

IOW, some sort of taxonomic object (clade) that strikes people as
significantly different enough to rank thus...

I always liked Nitecki's concept: they're phyla if we can't tell what
else they're related to. If we could tell (when we named them, that is)
they wouldn't be phyla.

So the Bush family is a phylum?

No, I think it's clear that they go with the weasels.

Odd. I thought they'd be Poaceae-dwelling Ophidians.

Common mistake. They just sell the oil from them.