Larry Jaques

Default Trend Perfect Butt

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:35:24 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Gary
Dean" quickly quoth:

I have just been reading a tool catalogue and came across an advert for this
device which the makers, Trend, claims to be the worlds fastest profile
scriber. It is basically a disk with a hole on the middle into which you
insert a pencil. You then, and I quote, "run the wheeled scribe along an
irregular feature and the pencil will accurately copy the profile directly
onto the work piece to be installed. It can then be cut and fitted resulting
in a perfect butt".

Anyone with only a rudimentary knowledge of geometry will know why this does
not work.

It's a -Profile- maker, not identical pattern-maker. Why are you
thinking it wouldn't work, other than missing any detail smaller
than its diameter?

This tool costs £23.95 in UK, I guess thats about $40 in the US. Trend make

$45 with Shrubby's new dollars. He's ruined our price break with
Canada now, too. Lee Valley is now like Nordstroms afa prices go.
grumble, grumble

excellent routers, trust me, I have one, I cannot believe that Trend, a
company I am sure you will know in US, could possibly have got this wrong,
so please guys tell me what I am missing.

Take a 1/4" flat washer and make one yourself for $0.04

If God approved of nudity, we all would have been born naked.
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk