Jim L.

Default Error in Gears And Gear Cutting Book?

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
I got this book yesterday in the mail. It's a good book but there
seems to be an error on page 27 regarding fig 26 on page 26. The
author states that angle TCP and TPD are the same and I don't see it.
Does anybody here have the same book?
Thanks,

Hi- think the problem is that the drawing is out of scale. Move point c down
a couple of inches and it makes sense.Or, locate point c by dropping a
perpendicular from line TP from point T until it intersects line PC and see
how it looks. Note that angleTPD is the compliment of angle TCP and so is
angle PCT. Therefore they must be equal.