N. Thornton

Default diy trolley for heavy amp!

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message ill.com...

Just a lump of board the same size as the amp or perhaps 1/2" bigger
all round to take the knocks and four beefy castors. For the board I'd
be more inclined to use 18mm ply rather than chip and castors with
soft wheels about 3" dia, preferably with brakes so it doesn't roll
off a non-flat stage. B-)

exactly. But I'd make it more than 1/2" bigger, thats not enough to
offer any protection, and may be lost in time from rough handling. 2-3
inches maybe. And definitely radius the corners.

G&M said:
Why not just bolt the wheels Maplin sell for this purpose directly

onto the
amp which I assume at that weight includes the speakers.

Indeed - though the trolley could be used for lots of other kit too.

Regards, NT