Lobster

Default saw servicing

Chris Bacon wrote:
Lobster wrote:

I didn't know saw-sharpening ever happened any more in this throw-away
age... when you can buy a new saw for under a fiver is it really a
viable service for any business to offer?

Yes, you can buy a new saw for under a fiver, but it will possibly
be a peice of stnkng sht compared to a more expensive one, which
you'll want sharpened every (quite a long time). It costs very
little to have a saw sharpened, too. I got a pair of Wickes panel
saws for a fiver. They cut around corners and were useless, even
for sawing 2x2.

Out of interest, what does one pay for a quality' panel saw these days;
and what does sharpening cost?

Somewhere I have a saw-sharpening jig/file and saw set (I think? a kit
comprising two components anyway?) which I bought about 20 years ago and
never actually got round to using! Must admit I thought they were
redundant.

David