Brad Bruce

Default office building bathroom tile building code

wrote in news:1129668992.208713.201890
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

We have 4 bathrooms, each measuring about 8'x8', which we will like to
install 18" tile floors. I heard from a contractor that the tile edging
pieces that act as the baseboard on the walls need to be at least 4"
high and MUST have a bullnose where it meets with the floor tiles.

Do such edging pieces really require the bullnose? Or can I just use my
floor tiles as my baseboard tiles?

This is in Tustin, CA.

THanks

The type of tile you use in that situation is called "Sanitary Cove".

It has a bullnose at the top to go against the wall and it tapers down to
the floor leaving nowhere for dirt and germs to accumulate.