Jeff Wisnia

Default Toilet keeps clogging?

Toller wrote:

I have a 23 year old Eljer toilet that has recently started clogging up
badly. I plunge it, it flushes normally with water, then clogs up
immediately. It is getting tiresome.

Any idea why I am suddenly having this problem and what I can do about it?
I have a toilet auger, but if it flushes normally with water, then I don't
see that it would be useful; and it is such a job to dry (My sons swear
that nothing improper has gone it it...)

Chances are quite good that something like a plastic prescription pill
bottle got flushed down it and is stuck crosswise in the trap, and the
closet auger is sliding right past it.

Short of running a small endoscope down it to see if there *is* a
foreign object stuck there, your next option is to pull the toilet, tip
it over and see what you find.

HTH,

Jeff

--