Doug Kanter

Default Light bulb lube???

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
m...

I would also suggest looking for quality lamps with real brass
bases not brass colored aluminum or just aluminum.

Good luck with that. Based on a year's worth of intensive lamp
shopping for my new house, I've found 95% of lamps now come from
China. The bases are just one step better than Reynold's heavy duty
aluminum foil.

I fear that is why you have to look. I can't see how they could make
them cheaper.

Most of the better lamps I found were "artisan" products. You know: $400.00
because they came with a hand stenciled shade or some such thing. Doesn't
matter, though. I don't find corrosion problems in lamps. Seems to occur
more with ceiling fixtures.