Joseph Meehan

Default Light bulb lube???

Noozer wrote:
This is what I was thinking, but I don't think that it would be rated
for the heat of a 120volt bulb.

Actually some automobile lamps get hotter than the ones in your home.
The stuff is a dielectric grease and it is easy to find at auto parts stores
as well as some electrical departments in hardware stores.

"Jeff" wrote in message
The tail lights in my car have some kind of grease on them to fight
corrosion. I imagine an auto parts place would sell it.

I would also suggest looking for quality lamps with real brass bases not
brass colored aluminum or just aluminum.

"Noozer" wrote in message
I've noticed that when changing lightbulbs that the socket seems
quite "rough" and the bulbs don't screw in smoothly. I always
wonder if the contact is as good as it could be.

Is there something I can apply to the threads of the bulb to
"lubricate" them?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit