Default removing PVC fitting from main gate valve

Hi. I am replacing the main pipe and valve entering the house. The
valve is a 1" gate valve made out of brass with screw threads on both
ends. One end goes to galvanized pipe running into the house. The
other end goes to the PVC water main out to the street. What I was
wondering is how risky it is to remove this valve. I am not worried
about breaking the iron pipe. If necessary, I can torch it off. The
PVC pipe, on the other hand, obviously cannot be broken. Do these have
a potential of getting stuck and/or cracking? Is this a risky enough
thing so I have to call a pro?

Thanks,
Eric