Golf

Default STR53041 voltage regulator - how to test?

I checked page 3 of data sheet, but not sure what the startup resistor,
R's is. Page 3 was a test circuit. I have checked pin 1 and 5 and have
resistance. I also checked between pins 2/4, 3/4 as you suggested. Pin
2/4 seems to be OK, Pin 3/4 is infinite resistance both directions.
Since pin 3 is the input, I am again assuming this IC is bad. I checked
the HOT when I first opened the set and it's good. I haven't checked
the flyback yet. The model # of the set is C25A24T. Would you agree
with my findings? Thanks alot.