Default New DIY show

Sounds to me as if they found someone with a good background to do the
peripatetic Vila routine,

remember, 90% of everything is crap. in the case of television, that
is probably closer to 99.9%.

remains to be seen if the producers searched out
someone who was a woman and schooled, or someone who was schooled and a
woman. Or if they made their choice because they wanted a particular
demographic, or because they wanted a particular design emphasis.

or if her uncle happens to be a television executive.

Until I see her swing a hammer, I'll continue to believe that she was chosen
more for gender than appeal to an audience which is predominantly male, even
if some of those males go out of their way to tell us how unbiased they are.

hammer swinging is a requirement for furniture design?