Jon Elson

Default R.C.M and Mailboxes (Insert manaical cackle here)

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

I was here for the last round. But it's almost Halloween again,
which means it's Mailbox Mowing Season for a few weeks as the "Little
Darlings" think up destructive ways to consume idle time.

And you folks in Flyover Country have all those snowplow drivers
making lists of where the easy posts to snip off are, and eagerly
anticipating the first big snowstorm of the season...

At least, this is not a problem for me. We have a HUGE rock right
behind the mailbox. I have no idea how big it is. it is
roughly 1' wide and 4' long, and about 2' tall, and that is
what is visible above ground. The shape of the thing suggests
there is much more of it BELOW ground, almost like a bedrock
outcropping. Also, there's a phone pole a few feet past the
rock. No snowplow or other municipal machinery has ever clipped
the mailbox. If a plow hit that rock, wow!

They certainly hit a few mailboxes around here when the snow gets
deep, though. You see lots of them bent at funny angles right after
a good snow (the mailboxes, not the plows).

Jon