Martin Angove

Default Cyclone Upright Vacuum Cleaners - Buying Advice

In message ,
"John" wrote:

Why would it be necessary to 'call an engineer'. If the technology defeats
someone who can use a PC to access newsgroups one would think they would
realise that the Dyson could be taken to the shop - or to a repair shop - in
the back of the car.

Not quite sure why you top posted and then quoted my message *below*
your .sig, causing my newsreader to discard it on "reply" but...

....I was suggesting calling an engineer because this is *free*. If the
Dyson is within the (2 year) guarantee, you spend five minutes on a
local phonecall and the next day some bloke in a van pulls up to your
house. If the fault is with the machine - and it most likely is - then
the fix and the parts are free. No need to lump the machine into the
back of a (possibly non-existant) car and lug it to some shop or other.
We bought ours, for example, from a shop in Meadowhell (Sheffield for
the uninitiated). Taking it back probably means a 300 yard walk from a
car park space, even at a quiet time.

Taking it back also means some time spent without the machine, and
probably means going to fetch it too.

All in all, much better to "call the engineer".

Hwyl!

Martin.

--
Martin Angove (it's Cornish for "Smith") - ARM/Digital SA110 RPC
See the Aber Valley -- http://www.tridwr.demon.co.uk/abervalley.html