Bill

Default Light bulb lube???

That is a good question!

I would think such a "lubricant" would need to conduct electricity for it to
work....

If it DID conduct electricity, and you got too much on - going up to the
glass portion, then it would be an electrocution hazard (when replacing the
bulb the next time and touching the glass and lube). Or if you put too much
on between the ring and bottom contact, it could cause a short circuit.

If it DID NOT conduct electricity, the bulb might not light.

If I were a manufacturer (in these days of lawsuits), there is no way on
earth I would ever manufacture such a product and advise consumers to use it
on light bulbs.

However there is aluminum wiring anti-oxidant "goop" available in electrical
departments. I don't know if this would act as a lubricant or as a glue
after it has been on a bulb socket for a year or more? Use very little and
at your own risk.

"Noozer" wrote in message
I've noticed that when changing lightbulbs that the socket seems quite
"rough" and the bulbs don't screw in smoothly. I always wonder if the
contact is as good as it could be.

Is there something I can apply to the threads of the bulb to "lubricate"
them?

Thx!