Asimov

Default Which discrete transistor would you use for a boost circuit?

"Porky" bravely wrote to "All" (17 Oct 05 21:36:43)
--- on the heady topic of " Which discrete transistor would you use for a boost circuit?"

Po From: "Porky"
Po Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:345569

Po Ok, this isn't totallt strange to me it's just been a while. I dug a
Po little deeper in my boxes of forgotten stuff and found circuit boards
Po with sockets, part of a practice logic circuit someone was learning
Po on, and some chips, one of which I recognize as an op amp, it's an LM
Po 741C. So I'll try it, or maybe one of the others, compare it to the
Po transistor unit i've already mocked up, and let you know which circuit
Po goes into the finished pedal.

An LM741C adds a lot of internal noise and is much too slow for audio.
If there is something like a TL071, LF353, or NE5532 in your storage
boxes, those would be better suited for low level audio.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... A stereo system is the altar to the god of music.