Dave Plowman (News)

Default Which discrete transistor would you use for a boost circuit?

In article .com,
Porky wrote:
Yeah how about this problem -- I found an LM1458 op amp i could use,
butt... Vcc is +18 v, I've got 16 v max out of the wallwart, and that
drops off under a load. So now I'll need use a heftier transformer.
I'll give it a try this though, this PM.

That's two 741s in one package. And +/-18 volts is the maximum if needed
to give maximum voltage swing on the output - which I doubt you'll need in
a guitar pedal.

A decent cheap audio op-amp is the NE5534 single, NE5532 twin.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.