Larry Jaques

Default R.C.M and Mailboxes (Insert manaical cackle here)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 22:23:31 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Jon
Elson quickly quoth:

There's an interesting fortress mailbox 2 blocks from me, on a dark
curvy road. The house up on the hill is an A-frame sort of thing, and
the owner made something like an A-frame for the mailbox. On the
side where the cars would approach, it has rows of 2x4's at about a 45
degree angle. On the other side, it has interleaved vertical 2x4's.
The box sits just inside the point where the two sets of 2x4's meet.
It is not just 4 boards, it alternates 2x4's with a space the width
of a 2x4. So, there must be about 10 2x4's on each side. It certainly
looks like if a mid-size car hit it at speed, it would flip the car
over, just like one wheel going up a 3' tall ramp. This thing has been
there for at least 16 years (as long as we've been here). I've never
noticed any damage to his mailbox, either!

I'm surprised no wannabe stunt drivers have used it.

One quicky I have used on halloween night a few times is to put a
paving brick in the mailbox. I've got one that nearly fills the box.
If some idiot with a baseball bat were to whack the mailbox, I think
he'd know there was something solid in it! I've also thought about
putting a can of the brightest Day-Glo oil-based spray paint in the
box, and if somebody really whacked it hard from a moving vehicle,
it might burst the can and spray their car. Some really fast-drying
paint with lots of solvent in it, so it really bonds to the car's
finish might be hard to explain to daddy.

There's an idea. A dye-filled plastic jacket for the box on Halloween.
Smack it and get dyed. Police will instantly know who to arrest!

For the truly sick, more of this thread was covered over on the Wreck
a couple years ago, so google it.

WARNING! WARNING! Dangerous Mailbox Approaching. Evade! Evade!
http://www.diversify.com Your Wild & Woody Website Wonk