Asimov

Default color adustments do only one at time (sony pvm-8220)

"NN" bravely wrote to "All" (17 Oct 05 18:51:05)
--- on the heady topic of "color adustments do only one at time (sony pvm-8220)"

NN From: "NN"
NN Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:345546

NN I got this sony pvm-8220 from a thrift shop and it was only black and
NN white when setup. There are two set of RGB adjustments in the back
NN that is easily accessible. But any adjustments results in either a
NN red, blue or green picture. (red and white, or blue and white and
NN etc.) Neither the tint or color knobs have any affects either while
NN the others work. I don,t know if this is a simple issue or complex
NN enough to end up in a thrift shop. That would be a start for me.

Could be a bad video processor IC. The lack of colour might mean the
colour info or reference isn't being demodulated. Maybe a bad crystal.
Perhaps someone played with the screws in the little cans. It might be
a tuner afc problem. Might be a bad contact for the colour control on
the main board, etc. More things can cause a loss of colour. It will
require good signal tracing and diagnostic skills. Are you savvy?

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.