Dave Plowman (News)

Default saw servicing

In article ,
Chris Bacon wrote:
I didn't know saw-sharpening ever happened any more in this throw-away
age... when you can buy a new saw for under a fiver is it really a
viable service for any business to offer?

Yes, you can buy a new saw for under a fiver, but it will possibly
be a peice of stnkng sht compared to a more expensive one, which
you'll want sharpened every (quite a long time). It costs very
little to have a saw sharpened, too. I got a pair of Wickes panel
saws for a fiver. They cut around corners and were useless, even
for sawing 2x2.

Dunno if it's just me, but I like a wood saw to have a wood handle.

--
*One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.