mm

Default Is burning copper dangerous

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 14:32:49 GMT, (Beachcomber)
wrote:
You bring up an interesting point...

Ever been to a fireworks show? Often you can smell the gunpower (and
the other chemicals that are used in their manufacture when they
explode).

These are some nasty chemicals and include chromium, strontium,
copper!, barium, magnesium and many, many, others. It is the
oxidation of these substances that produce the beautiful colors that
delight the audience.

No one wants to ban commercial fireworks shows for polluting the air
with cancer inducing chemicals. It's a part of our tradition...
Just don't breath the air too much...

But that is all there is too breathe.

I thought about breathing a lot before I got there, then holding my
breath until I got home.

It works with food and water.

But I don't think it works with air.

Beachcomber