James Sweet

Default Micrwave oven

"Barney" wrote in message
I have a Samsung M1714 Microwave that has stopped working. It appears to
operate ok but there is no heating. Although I have been involved with
electronics all my life, I know very little about microwave ovens but I
decided to have a quick check. I found a glass fuse - contained within a
plastic holder - that is open circuit - 11/4 inch, 0.75 Amp and rated at
5kV. In series with this is a diode - HVR 1X 3 - that reads short circuit.
Would replacing these be likely to solve the problem, or is it probable

that
there is something else - anyone got any any ideas/advice?

Go ahead and replace them, the diodes are only about 6 bucks, it'll probably
work after that.