Mike Pio

Default Jointer Knife Life

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Steve knight wrote:

I wonder if the knives you got are not as tuff as what you were using?

I don't know, Amana stuff is usually pretty darn good---unless they've
started a "consumer" line I don't know of????

That's been my experience as well. The original set was stock with the
jointer (Delta DJ-20) and they lasted for several months of fairly regular
usage. I figured the Amana's would outlast them by some factor, but I guess
I was wrong.

I'm sure what happens to knives is determined by many factor, namely
material, defects, technique, etc. I just didn't think soft maple and a
knot or two should bugger them so quickly. I'll shift a knife as others
suggested to see if that fixes me. This situation is why we keep a spare
set handy -- unfortunately, this is the spare set!

-m