Mike Pio

Default New DIY show

wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 15:22:03 -0400, "George" George@least wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...

I'll stay tuned and see what happens. With Norm pretty much
gone from HGTV and DIY and Dave Marks in re-runs, she's
about it for now? Wondering if they are pitching this show
more towards women?

More like Political correctness. Women in "non-traditional" occupations.
Sort of like why most of the talking head professors on History channel
show yesterday were female.

there may be some of that. but there is also a genuine loosening up of
the rigor mortis of gender roles. I think it's a good thing.

I see no inherent reason that one gender would produce superior
woodworkers than the other.

I agree...I would have made my same comments had the host been male. Gender
of the craftsperson makes no difference to me. If you're good, you're good.

-m