Jim Stewart

Default New use for a bandsaw

handysmurf wrote:
"Yeah. And they make sure that their wives and daughters
have jumper cables and know how to use them safely. "

why do you assume that everyone with a uterus is an idiot??

I don't. I don't assume anything. And neither
should you.

My wife is my business partner, my daughter is a
botany major. Both are quite a bit smarter than
me in a multitude of ways. I don't have a son.

Nonetheless, I'm the one that maintains the cars, not
by choice, but because the females *don't want to*.

My wife has always carried jumper cables, but has called
me a couple of times to verify that she's hooked them
up correctly.

My daughter has been instructed (after an unfortunate
incident with her incompetent boyfriend) that she is
to be responsible for tire changing, battery jumping
and any other field-expedient repairs. She once
brought the car home with a piece of broken plastic
held away from the tire with a tampon string. I was
impressed.

FYI .... I just finished installing a rebuilt transmission in MY car
which by the way saves us about $1200.

What does that have to do with anything? My
wife and my daughter couldn't do it and wouldn't
if they could. Ninty-five percent of the men
I know couldn't do it.

Just because *you* have the skills to do such
a task doesn't mean that others, men included,
do.

Keep your sexist comments to yourself please...

Wow, making sure that a female has the tools
and skills to handle a dead battery is a sexist
comment? I thought I was empowering them...

Don't make assumptions about people and their
viewpoints. I've hired females in non-traditional
jobs and if anything, I've put forth an extra effort
to encourage females to tackle non-traditional
tasks.