N. Thornton

Default Reproducing Coving

John Rumm wrote in message ...
N. Thornton wrote:

The other way is to make your new stuff from wood using a router and
home cut router blades. You buy a block - eg

Not sure if anyone has ever tried it - but you may be able to machine a
plaster "blank" into the profile you want.

I have no idea which is quicker / easier.

A spindle moulder will make lots of profiled material in a very short
space of time.

Its producing the cutter that takes the time.

For small sections you can often get close to a profile by making
multiple passes with a router and various blades, to make up the more
complex moulding from components. Even a combination of off the shelf
mouldings and covings can sometimes be glued together to make an
approximation.

Well I'll be archiving this lot: all sorts of clever ideas. One last
one for the kind of profile that isnt extrusion shaped: make a latex
mould and make lots of short plaster pieces with it. For more
intricate mouldings.

I guess one could strengthen plaster by including chopped fibres
too... or perhaps even by using cement instead?

Regards, NT