Chris Friesen

Default Rolling Pin Ball Bearings.....

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:
Sorry folks for the simpleness of this question! I'm thinking of making
around 20 or so rolling pins as Christmas presents. I was planning to use
a steel rod through the center which rides in a circular bearing at the end
of the pin and the handles would attach to the rod ends. Trouble is, I'm
really not sure where to find such bearings.

Go to a bearing supply house and buy sealed cartridge bearings. You can
get them in variety of interior/exterior diameters, as well as different
quality grades.

Note: you want "sealed", not "shielded". The latter is not as resistant
to water. Even with the sealed ones, you wouldn't want to leave them
soaking for long periods.

Chris