Default Gatling gun

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 20:11:40 GMT, "DeepDiver"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 07:44:51 GMT, "DeepDiver"
wrote:

"Ron Moore" wrote in message

If we're still talking about a Gatling gun, it is NOT a full auto
device.
It takes a continuing motion to produce continuous firing. Now, if you
hook up a motor to drive the crank, that's different. It becomes a
minigun,
very Class III.

Which again goes to show how absurd gun control laws are. Turning by hand
=
good. Turning by motor = bad. Ridiculous!

True, yet one can roughly double th' number of rounds fired per min.
with a motor feed over hand cranked... if th' weapon is operating
correctly.

I'm not trying to be argumentative; just trying to illustrate how stupid the
gun control laws are.

You're preaching to th' choir g.

It's kind of like shotgun barrel lengths: 18" = good; 17-15/16" = bad (or
something like that; I don't bother trying to memorize the thousands of
stupid rules on the books). Or the ridiculous "assault weapon bans" where
the criteria for banning the weapon has to do with its cosmetic appearance.

Agreed. I guess I'm just thankul for th' loophole allowing us to
build and play with one of these... if we want to.

These regulations (which are clearly in violation of Constitutional law) are
arbitrary and capricious.

Akin to th' landlord tennant acts around here, likely everywhere. A
series of knee-jerk generated garbage that follows neither logic nor
constituntional interpretations... depending on who one asks.

Personally, I'd rather make chips, then loud noises, over discussing
political antics g.

Snarl