James Eddison

Default Have I installed new soil pipe branch too high??

and if you haven't yet bought your toilet pan, how about going for a
wall-hung one?

Just a thought, but that would allow you a subtle height adjustment...

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:34:01 -0400, "jerrybuilt "
] wrote:

Monkey Brains wrote:
I have just installed a new soil stack and joined to drains.
All ok there. I have made a hole into a first floor room and
installed a spur from the soil stack ready for a bathroom
conversion.

The thing I am worried about is whether I have installed the
junction too high for any new toilet as the pipe coming into
the house is about 190-200mm from the floor (bottom edge of
110ml pipe).

Could any one please tell me if this will be ok or have I made
a rather large mess because obviously, the waste cannot flow
uphill and I didn't know if there were any toilets with the
waste pipe exit higher than this.

Hmm, first buy your bog. You will have to look around. What's
so hard about shortening the stack (have you used push-fit)?
You could always mount the lavatory bowl on a block of
something, I suppose, as long as the overall height remained
reasonable.

You'd better prepare for a lot of snotty comments from the
bloody pen-pushing brigade, too.

Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

James

For email, use