Square fence on Delta Mortiser

Old March 31st 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.woodworking
sce

Default Square fence on Delta Mortiser

Hi,
I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisle Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to square the fence?

Thanks,

Spencer

Old March 31st 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.woodworking
tom

On Mar 30, 3:09 pm, "sce" wrote:
Hi,
I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisle Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to square the fence?

Thanks,

Spencer

Maybe attach a fence to the fence, and shim it? Tom

Old March 31st 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.woodworking
sce

On Mar 30, 8:27 pm, "tom" wrote:
On Mar 30, 3:09 pm, "sce" wrote:

Hi,
I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisle Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to square the fence?

Thanks,

Spencer

Maybe attach a fence to the fence, and shim it? Tom

I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come
this way?

Spencer

Old March 31st 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.woodworking

I just received a Delta 14-651 Hollow Chisl Mortiser and when setting
it up found that the fence is not square with the base (tilts back
about 1/8"). The Instruction Manual does not cover this adjustment.

I went and checked my mortiser --- the same model. The fence was right
on. Since the fence is a casting, it could have been damaged or
improperly machined. It should sit flat on the base. Check to see if
there's something between the fence bottom and the base. If not, I'd
get a replacement from Delta.

Joel

Old April 1st 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.woodworking

I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come
this way?

I have the same model also, and my fence is almost exactly
perpendicular to the table. I can see light behind my square at the
top of the fence, but it's too small a gap to measure with a ruler
(1/64").
Calling Delta sounds like a good idea.
Andy

Old April 4th 07, 11:37 PM posted to rec.woodworking
sce

On Mar 31, 7:19 pm, "Andy" wrote:
I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come
this way?

I have the same model also, and my fence is almost exactly
perpendicular to the table. I can see light behind my square at the
top of the fence, but it's too small a gap to measure with a ruler
(1/64").
Calling Delta sounds like a good idea.
Andy

I called Delta and they are sending a new Fence. No problem!

Thanks for the help,

Spencer

Old April 5th 07, 07:02 AM posted to rec.woodworking
tom

On Apr 4, 3:37 pm, "sce" wrote:
On Mar 31, 7:19 pm, "Andy" wrote:

I am going to contact Delta on Monday. I just wonder if they all come
this way?

I have the same model also, and my fence is almost exactly
perpendicular to the table. I can see light behind my square at the
top of the fence, but it's too small a gap to measure with a ruler
(1/64").
Calling Delta sounds like a good idea.
Andy

I called Delta and they are sending a new Fence. No problem!

Thanks for the help,

Spencer

Good luck. Tom

Delta Mortiser - Bit Clearance [email protected] Woodworking 8 January 3rd 07 04:17 AM
Delta mortiser question Mike in Arkansas Woodworking 8 October 20th 06 01:43 PM
Rip fence not square with table [email protected] Woodworking 27 October 10th 06 04:40 AM
Re Delta Mortiser srazor Woodworking 1 June 3rd 06 02:12 PM
Delta Mortiser warbler Woodworking 21 June 3rd 06 02:06 PM