DannyBoy

Default Best DIY window company in the UK.

I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at the best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

I've already asked about U-Fit on another thread.
Jeremy Goff

"DannyBoy" wrote in message
om...
I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at the

best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

I've already asked about U-Fit on another thread.

I've only ever heard good reports about these: http://www.laffords.co.uk

Jerry

John Rumm

DannyBoy wrote:
I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at the best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

Not sure if it is close enough for you, but I recently used, and had a
good experiance with:

The Future Window Co.Ltd
Unit 1, Brook Farm Ind Est
Stapleford Rd
Stapleford Abbotts
Romford Essex
RM4 1EJ

Tel: 01708 688098

They will do "supply only" at reasonable prices.

--
Cheers,

John.

zaax

In article , DannyBoy
writes
I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at the
best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

I've already asked about U-Fit on another thread.

What about Wicks?
--
Steve
Set Square

In article , DannyBoy
writes
I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at
the best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

I've already asked about U-Fit on another thread.

Look in yellow pages for local companies who make windows. Many will supply
for diy fitting. Avoid the large national companies like the plague.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
zaax wrote:
I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at the
best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

I've already asked about U-Fit on another thread.

What about Wicks?

I'm very pleased with my Screwfix ones - although they only do stock sizes.

--
*Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Tony Bryer

In article , Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
I'm very pleased with my Screwfix ones - although they only do stock sizes.

B&Q Yeading (the biggest B&Q I know of) has what I suspect are the same: they
have Saracen ironmonger.

Ed Rear

"zaax" wrote in message
In article , DannyBoy
writes
I'm looking for decent quality uPVC double glazing to fit myself at the
best price.

Anyone got a suggestions for a direct source?

South of London/Sussex/Surrey would be best but I can travel.

I've already asked about U-Fit on another thread.

What about Wicks?
--
Steve

You could try Davies & Tate, I think they are in Sussex. Can't say if they
are any good or not, sorry. Web site:
http://www.upriceufit.co.uk/

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mike Mitchell wrote:
Does it have to be plastic? Why not use a top-class metal-framed
window from Crittall? They make double-glazed inserts nowadays, and
with real hardwood frames, you'd have a sleek, elegant window that
will last far longer than you will! As their advertising says:
"...steel windows have very slender sight lines allowing a light and
airy feel to any room."

Plastic windows are an abomination and a blight across the nation.
They are fitted to houses where they simply do not belong,

As would be a Crittall window in a Victorian house designed for wood sash
windows.

--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

RossG

"Set Square" wrote in message ...

Look in yellow pages for local companies who make windows. Many will supply
for diy fitting. Avoid the large national companies like the plague.

Hmmm and there I was just about to order a UPVC window from Magnet.

Ross
Set Square

RossG wrote:

"Set Square" wrote in message

Look in yellow pages for local companies who make windows. Many will
supply for diy fitting. Avoid the large national companies like the
plague.

Hmmm and there I was just about to order a UPVC window from Magnet.

Ross

Magnet may be ok, but I would think that they would only stock standard
sizes - whereas you really want someone to make them to your specified
dimensions.

By "large national companies" I was thinking more of companies like Everest
and Anglian - which are large impersonal outfits. It's far better if you can
deal directly with the person who's going to make the windows for you.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

nick smith

" B&Q Yeading (the biggest B&Q I know of) has what I suspect are the same: they
have Saracen ironmonger.

Tony,

Is that really Yeading or a typo for Reading ? (Where is Yeading ?)
Also looking for same.
Nick

RichardS

"nick smith" wrote in message

" B&Q Yeading (the biggest B&Q I know of) has what I suspect are the

same: they
have Saracen ironmonger.

Tony,

Is that really Yeading or a typo for Reading ? (Where is Yeading ?)
Also looking for same.
Nick

Yeading's just north of Hayes , between the M4 and M40/A40.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Tony Bryer

In article , Nick smith wrote:
Tony,

Is that really Yeading or a typo for Reading ? (Where is Yeading ?)

Yeading, near Hayes: turn off the M4 at J3 and head north about 2
miles, turn right at second roundabout. It claims to be the biggest DIY
shed in Middlesex. Go to www.diy.com and click on store finder for a
map also at

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/images..._warehouse.gif

Bricking up bodged window installation [email protected] UK diy 2 February 25th 04 04:13 PM
Sagging bay window - probable cause found? David Hearn UK diy 7 January 14th 04 03:21 PM
Flat Roof Side Window Gary Holt UK diy 1 October 6th 03 07:49 PM
Best way to Seal Gap at top of Window? Michael D UK diy 1 September 6th 03 10:24 PM
problem with velux window BigWallop UK diy 1 July 23rd 03 08:20 PM