Phillips Kettle Repair?

Old March 20th 04, 05:34 PM
BraileTrail

Default Phillips Kettle Repair?

I have a Phillips Essence 3100 Watt kettle, the type with a flat plate
element. It recently stopped heating so I took it to bits and can
clearly see that the element has gone. The thing is, I can't get the
element out! I have removed every screw that I can find and tugged and
twisted it but the element wont move.

Does anyone know if the element is replaceable in these types of kettle
and how I dismantle it further?

Thanks,
BraileTrail
Old March 20th 04, 07:18 PM
Lurch

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:34:57 +0000, in uk.d-i-y BraileTrail
strung together this:

I have a Phillips Essence 3100 Watt kettle, the type with a flat plate
element. It recently stopped heating so I took it to bits and can
clearly see that the element has gone. The thing is, I can't get the
element out! I have removed every screw that I can find and tugged and
twisted it but the element wont move.

Does anyone know if the element is replaceable in these types of kettle
and how I dismantle it further?

You'll probably find that by the time you've arsed around dismantling
and re-assembling it, then sourcing an element, it'd only be a couple
of quid more for a new kettle, with a shiny new element and garuantee.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old March 20th 04, 07:48 PM
Michael Chare

"BraileTrail" wrote in message
I have a Phillips Essence 3100 Watt kettle, the type with a flat plate
element. It recently stopped heating so I took it to bits and can
clearly see that the element has gone. The thing is, I can't get the
element out! I have removed every screw that I can find and tugged and
twisted it but the element wont move.

Does anyone know if the element is replaceable in these types of kettle
and how I dismantle it further?

For Philips spares call Olympic Shaver Centre
0115 950 6514

Michael Chare

Old March 21st 04, 09:17 AM
BraileTrail

In message , Lurch
writes
You'll probably find that by the time you've arsed around dismantling
and re-assembling it, then sourcing an element, it'd only be a couple
of quid more for a new kettle, with a shiny new element and garuantee.

That is true, but it's a wet weekend, I have an excellent spares shop
close by and it just feels wrong to throw it away and buy a complete new
kettle.

Now if only I could get he element out! I suppose the thing to do is
take the kettle to the spares shop and see if they say "sorry it's not
replaceable".

Thanks,
BraileTrail
Old March 21st 04, 10:14 AM
Tony

BraileTrail wrote:
In message , Lurch
writes
You'll probably find that by the time you've arsed around dismantling
and re-assembling it, then sourcing an element, it'd only be a couple
of quid more for a new kettle, with a shiny new element and
garuantee.

That is true, but it's a wet weekend, I have an excellent spares shop
close by and it just feels wrong to throw it away and buy a complete
new kettle.

Now if only I could get he element out! I suppose the thing to do is
take the kettle to the spares shop and see if they say "sorry it's not
replaceable".

Argos do a 5.95 cordless kettle. We are on number six!!! I think its
gauranteed to break down within the year so you get a brand new one. On
this basis its a never ending supply of new kettles. I work near Argos so
its no hassle going in to claim my free one every couple of months :-).

Tony

Old March 21st 04, 11:29 AM
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"Tony" wrote in message
Argos do a 5.95 cordless kettle. We are on number six!!! I think its
gauranteed to break down within the year so you get a brand new one. On
this basis its a never ending supply of new kettles. I work near Argos so
its no hassle going in to claim my free one every couple of months :-).

Isn't that brilliant?

It's worth going in after 11 months and getting a new item, regardless of
whether the old one's broken or not )

Si

Old March 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
Ian Stirling

Tony wrote:
BraileTrail wrote:
In message , Lurch
writes
You'll probably find that by the time you've arsed around dismantling
and re-assembling it, then sourcing an element, it'd only be a couple
of quid more for a new kettle, with a shiny new element and
garuantee.

That is true, but it's a wet weekend, I have an excellent spares shop
close by and it just feels wrong to throw it away and buy a complete
new kettle.

Now if only I could get he element out! I suppose the thing to do is
take the kettle to the spares shop and see if they say "sorry it's not
replaceable".

Argos do a 5.95 cordless kettle. We are on number six!!! I think its
gauranteed to break down within the year so you get a brand new one. On
this basis its a never ending supply of new kettles. I work near Argos so
its no hassle going in to claim my free one every couple of months :-).

If it fails by leaking, these things can often be fixed by taking apart,
cleaning well, and adding a smear of food/aquarium grade silicone sealant
to the bits that are leaking.
Bathroom sealant isn't a good idea due to the fungicide.

Flat Roof Identify Material and Repair Method TheScullster UK diy 3 March 19th 04 06:18 PM
Repair roofing felt from inside loft John Rumm UK diy 3 March 2nd 04 12:04 AM
Boiler repair possible?? robf UK diy 2 August 27th 03 02:05 PM
fencing repair & maintenance May UK diy 3 August 1st 03 05:06 PM