Tony

Default Phillips Kettle Repair?

BraileTrail wrote:
In message , Lurch
writes
You'll probably find that by the time you've arsed around dismantling
and re-assembling it, then sourcing an element, it'd only be a couple
of quid more for a new kettle, with a shiny new element and
garuantee.

That is true, but it's a wet weekend, I have an excellent spares shop
close by and it just feels wrong to throw it away and buy a complete
new kettle.

Now if only I could get he element out! I suppose the thing to do is
take the kettle to the spares shop and see if they say "sorry it's not
replaceable".

Argos do a 5.95 cordless kettle. We are on number six!!! I think its
gauranteed to break down within the year so you get a brand new one. On
this basis its a never ending supply of new kettles. I work near Argos so
its no hassle going in to claim my free one every couple of months :-).

Tony