Richard Savage

Default Plastic panel roof - correct gutter overhang

The roof of my carport is approx. 9 m x 5 m and has a slope of about
15deg towards one of the long sides. It's covered with two rows of that
nasty corrugated plastic sheeting. This was fitted very poorly such
that the plastic-to-gutter overhang ranges from nothing to perhaps 25 mm
and it is broken at places along the edge. So, water can run into the
gutter, drip between gutter and fascia, shoot straight across the gutter
or fall through the holes. What a mess!!

I'm going to remove the panels which overhang the gutter and refit them
so that the damaged edges are covered by the overlap with the top panels.

Question: what's a sensible overhang? The gutter is 112mm half round.

TIA

Richard

--

Reply to RJSavage at Bigfoot dot com

Grunff

Richard Savage wrote:
The roof of my carport is approx. 9 m x 5 m and has a slope of about
15deg towards one of the long sides. It's covered with two rows of that
nasty corrugated plastic sheeting. This was fitted very poorly such
that the plastic-to-gutter overhang ranges from nothing to perhaps 25 mm
and it is broken at places along the edge. So, water can run into the
gutter, drip between gutter and fascia, shoot straight across the gutter
or fall through the holes. What a mess!!

I'm going to remove the panels which overhang the gutter and refit them
so that the damaged edges are covered by the overlap with the top panels.

Question: what's a sensible overhang? The gutter is 112mm half round.

About 1/4-1/2 way over the gutter. Don't forget to take the gutter
bracket into account.

--
Grunff
Richard Savage

Grunff wrote:

About 1/4-1/2 way over the gutter. Don't forget to take the gutter
bracket into account.

Thanks.

The brackets were the source of much angst! In attempt to capture the
water that was shooting over the gutter, when I re-hung (re-hanged?) the
gutter to ensure an even fall (don't ask) I fitted spacers behind the
brackets. This worked perfectly where the water had been over-shooting
the gutter and not at all where the water could then drip between gutter
and fascia! ********x. Hence all the, planned, sodding about with
roof panels.

Cheers

Richard