Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler filling loop connectors.

My boiler, which I think is not untypical, has a filling loop with 1/2"
loosely retained nuts at the end, superficially like a tap connector.
But instead of a flat for a washer at the interface to the tap it has a
boss that fits inside the bore of the 1/2" special tap with an O-ring
around it which fits in the polished internal bore of the tap. One of
the taps is leaking, and I can't find the official part for my somewhat
obsolescent Firebird Combi.

Does anyone know of a name for this type of connector, especially as
applied to the tap part?

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:
My boiler, which I think is not untypical, has a filling loop with 1/2"
loosely retained nuts at the end, superficially like a tap connector.
But instead of a flat for a washer at the interface to the tap it has a
boss that fits inside the bore of the 1/2" special tap with an O-ring
around it which fits in the polished internal bore of the tap. One of
the taps is leaking, and I can't find the official part for my somewhat
obsolescent Firebird Combi.

Does anyone know of a name for this type of connector, especially as
applied to the tap part?

When I did my CH a few years back I got a package that included
everything for the filling loop from an ebay vendor who in the same
listing did the expansion vessels.

The whole lot was only a few quid and you will get the new flexi and
seals etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:

Roger Hayter wrote:
My boiler, which I think is not untypical, has a filling loop with 1/2"
loosely retained nuts at the end, superficially like a tap connector.
But instead of a flat for a washer at the interface to the tap it has a
boss that fits inside the bore of the 1/2" special tap with an O-ring
around it which fits in the polished internal bore of the tap. One of
the taps is leaking, and I can't find the official part for my somewhat
obsolescent Firebird Combi.

Does anyone know of a name for this type of connector, especially as
applied to the tap part?

When I did my CH a few years back I got a package that included
everything for the filling loop from an ebay vendor who in the same
listing did the expansion vessels.

The whole lot was only a few quid and you will get the new flexi and
seals etc.

Sounds a good idea, if they have the right spec for my boiler.

--

Roger Hayter

Boiler filling loop DerbyBorn[_5_] UK diy 4 August 18th 16 05:47 PM
Filling loop tap harry UK diy 0 September 13th 10 06:51 PM
Plumbing - Filling loop M.Joshi UK diy 9 January 12th 07 11:31 PM
Combi boiler filling loop problem Robin Houston UK diy 4 November 15th 05 09:24 PM
How do I use the filling loop? Zara UK diy 5 October 2nd 04 07:45 PM