John

Default A bit OT - but someone will know... (Camcorder)

....................or it should have gone to a different group (please
advise).

A friend has a Sony TRV19 Mini DV Camcorder which was bought in the US. It
is clearly a NTSC version and he now realises his error. Is there a way he
can download to a VHS VCR which has NTSC capability and then view it on his
TV?

Plugging the camera into the TV just gives a monochrome picture.

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Bob Minchin

John wrote:
...................or it should have gone to a different group (please
advise).

A friend has a Sony TRV19 Mini DV Camcorder which was bought in the US. It
is clearly a NTSC version and he now realises his error. Is there a way he
can download to a VHS VCR which has NTSC capability and then view it on his
TV?

Plugging the camera into the TV just gives a monochrome picture.

Connecting the RGB from the Sony into the scart inputs of a UK video
that has NTSC playback capability (most modern ones do) 'should' give
you a watchable UHF signal from the modulator.
I suspect your TV is not too modern as you would otherwise be able to
plug RGB from the sony direct to the TV.

hth

Bob
--
To Reply directly to my mailbox, change myisp to ntlworld

Robert Irwin

"John" john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote in message
...................or it should have gone to a different group (please
advise).

A friend has a Sony TRV19 Mini DV Camcorder which was bought in the US. It
is clearly a NTSC version and he now realises his error. Is there a way he
can download to a VHS VCR which has NTSC capability and then view it on

his
TV?

Plugging the camera into the TV just gives a monochrome picture.

--

Regards

John

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

If your mate has a PC it might be best to get a VIVO type pci card with NTSC
/ PAL switchable settings in hardware and/or software, depending on what
exactly its for. I don't knwo that exact model but if its got fireware then
its easy just to pull the vid in and change the output format, then run it
out the svhs and audio to a scart socket. Handy to have this sort of kit
anyway for editing, saving to mpeg on CD/DVD etc

Or buy a new TV and video...

Robert

Dave Plowman

In article ,
John john.plant90@NO-SPAMntlworldDOTcom wrote:
A friend has a Sony TRV19 Mini DV Camcorder which was bought in the US.
It is clearly a NTSC version and he now realises his error. Is there a
way he can download to a VHS VCR which has NTSC capability and then view
it on his TV?

Plugging the camera into the TV just gives a monochrome picture.

A PAL VHS which can play an NTSC tape hasn't actually converted that NTSC
signal to PAL - it's simply a bodge between it and the TV which produces a
watchable picture.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Rick

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:06:13 +0000, Bob Minchin
wrote:

John wrote:
...................or it should have gone to a different group (please
advise).

A friend has a Sony TRV19 Mini DV Camcorder which was bought in the US. It
is clearly a NTSC version and he now realises his error. Is there a way he
can download to a VHS VCR which has NTSC capability and then view it on his
TV?

Plugging the camera into the TV just gives a monochrome picture.

Connecting the RGB from the Sony into the scart inputs of a UK video
that has NTSC playback capability (most modern ones do) 'should' give
you a watchable UHF signal from the modulator.
I suspect your TV is not too modern as you would otherwise be able to
plug RGB from the sony direct to the TV.

hth

Bob

Do some searching on google.
There may be a way to convert it to Pal by re-programming the
camera via the lanc connector.

A quick search got
http://www.rwc.yertiz.com/other.htm

But further searching got nothing.