Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UPVC DG Hinge Sizes

I'm helping out with some hinge replacement on a top hung UPVC double
glazed window but am having trouble with getting the right size.

Toolstation spares are quoted as either 13 or 17mm but neither of these
sizes seem to match any dimension on the installed ones

Installed ones are 250mm long so no problem with that size. The outside
dim (width) of the fixed metal channel part is 19mm. Width of hinge part
on the moving window part is 15.2mm.

Problem I'm trying to sort is an opening gap of 10-12mm all round when
window is closed. From inspection it appears that it has never been
closed on anything but the ventilation setting and reputedly it has,
"never fitted right".

I've uploaded a couple of pics, links below in case it helps. Can anyone
see anything wrong in the build eg hinges fixed in wrong position as I'm
not sure it was built right in the first place.

Various extra bits of rubber and seals in pics were previous attempts
stop the draughts and will be removed when I carry out my fix. Not my
windows, not my bodge.

I'd buy both sizes and play around until it fits but it's 30' off the
deck so it's a tricky fix.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/5899982.jpg
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...mg/5899993.jpg
--