Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Do I evict the squirrel?

On 12/06/2011 12:44, Dean Heighington wrote:
He's been living in the loft space of my workshop's pitched roof for about
2 years and has made a nest and chomped his way through about a metre of
lighting circuit insulation leaving 3 bare cores right where his nest is-
quite amazing really- the RCD saved his life

Apart from that he's not been too much trouble - so far!

He got in through the open soffits which I have now covered on one side and
am about to do the other, but I'm slightly reluctant to turf him out, not
really sure why, I'm not a bunny hugger, but...

Is this not a good time of year to do it? Will he be able to relocate?
Should I check to see if he has a family first?

****! I do sound like a bunny hugger!
Is there a housing association for squirrels?
Oh Christ, should I just shoot the bugger...

Deano

If it is a grey squirrel:

Get rid.

Note that if you catch it you have to keep it or kill it. It is illegal
to release such a foreign invader in the UK.

Do I evict the squirrel? Robin UK diy 3 June 12th 11 06:22 PM
HOA to evict 6-year old HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 152 January 3rd 10 09:46 PM
Super squirrel deia Electronics Repair 0 March 2nd 08 09:14 PM
Squirrel abatement [email protected] Woodworking 7 March 26th 07 08:48 PM
Squirrel abatement [email protected] Home Repair 6 March 26th 07 08:48 PM