Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sticking floorboard to blocks

In reassembling the floor around my new hearth, I have to stick a
strip of board on top of the edge of a blockwork sub-hearth. In stock
I have a tube of Evo-Grip solvent based grabby stuff. Obviously I've
used the stuff before, but not in this application. My question is,
should I seal the block in some way before using this, or will it work
better on a porous surface?

Cheers
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2011 10:04, geraldthehamster wrote:
In reassembling the floor around my new hearth, I have to stick a
strip of board on top of the edge of a blockwork sub-hearth. In stock
I have a tube of Evo-Grip solvent based grabby stuff. Obviously I've
used the stuff before, but not in this application. My question is,
should I seal the block in some way before using this, or will it work
better on a porous surface?

Cheers
Richard

Most grab adhesives rely on at least one surface being prrous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Thanks Dave. As it happened I didn't seal the block surface, and it
seems to have grabbed pretty well. Time will tell.

Cheers
Richard

floorboard sanding RobertL UK diy 11 August 6th 09 10:27 PM
Removing a floorboard Miles UK diy 15 March 9th 09 08:55 PM
Floorboard clips? Tom Corcoran UK diy 7 July 20th 05 02:58 AM
floorboard work urchaidh UK diy 10 July 11th 05 06:58 PM
floorboard gap filling doozer UK diy 15 March 8th 05 01:32 PM