Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Away off Topic But

Just been using these AV920 screen goggles with a camcorder and WOW!!!
http://www.firebox.com/product/2029/Vuzix-iWear

Sorry to be a pusher of the commercial stuff, but these things are amazing.
Plugged them in to the back of our camcorder and set it on night-vision. I
was walking around the house, with just the street lights coming in through
curtains, and it was like being in Silence of the lambs. :-)

Well worth a Christmas gift for someone who likes video photography and
stuff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...
Just been using these AV920 screen goggles with a camcorder and WOW!!!
http://www.firebox.com/product/2029/Vuzix-iWear

Sorry to be a pusher of the commercial stuff, but these things are
amazing.
Plugged them in to the back of our camcorder and set it on night-vision.
was walking around the house, with just the street lights coming in
through
curtains, and it was like being in Silence of the lambs. :-)

Well worth a Christmas gift for someone who likes video photography and
stuff.

Have you tried that novel thing that's catching on lately at night?

Sleep.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...

Pathetic resolution though.
The best is only 640 x 480 and the cheap ones are 320 x 240.

It should say "equivalent to a fuzzy 50" screen"

Posted to uk.d-i-y
PM PM is offline

RW wrote:
"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...
Just been using these AV920 screen goggles with a camcorder and
WOW!!! http://www.firebox.com/product/2029/Vuzix-iWear

Sorry to be a pusher of the commercial stuff, but these things are
amazing.
Plugged them in to the back of our camcorder and set it on
night-vision. I
was walking around the house, with just the street lights coming in
through
curtains, and it was like being in Silence of the lambs. :-)

Well worth a Christmas gift for someone who likes video photography
and stuff.

Have you tried that novel thing that's catching on lately at night?

Dogging?

Sleep.

Oh, that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"BigWallop" wrote in message
om...

Pathetic resolution though.
The best is only 640 x 480 and the cheap ones are 320 x 240.

It should say "equivalent to a fuzzy 50" screen"

I was happy them. I have been showing them around today, and everyone was
saying how clear the picture was on them. I'm like a kid with an early
Christmas present, but they are actually for our engineers on CCTv jobs.
Just looking for a string to tie them around their necks so they don't fall
off.

I wanted their hands free for focus adjustment and things, and someone told
me about these specs with Tv screens in them. Going way to Sci-Fi me
thinks, until I tried these out for myself. Have now ordered another four.
The guys can then trim the cameras without having to bring those
mini-screens with them. Just pop the specs on and go. They all seem happy
with them today.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

om...

"BigWallop" wrote in message
[...]

cctv is about the same resolution (as is my mobile phone).