B & Q Paint pads

Old October 1st 08, 03:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC

Default B & Q Paint pads

Saw a kit in B & Q today of different size paint pads with a tray

Are these any good

I have previously used paint rollers but have gone back to a 4" brush on
textured surfaces as I find I get better coverage and less spray

The pads would be for use on smooth plastered walls at my son's rented
property

Tony

Old October 1st 08, 03:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"TMC" wrote in message
Saw a kit in B & Q today of different size paint pads with a tray

Are these any good

I have previously used paint rollers but have gone back to a 4" brush on
textured surfaces as I find I get better coverage and less spray

The pads would be for use on smooth plastered walls at my son's rented
property

Tony

Paint pads are excellent, and you use less paint with them than with a
roller. On large walls, I think that you get a smoother, better looking
finish with them, as well.

Arfa

Old October 1st 08, 04:27 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:20:59 +0100, "TMC" wrote:

Saw a kit in B & Q today of different size paint pads with a tray

Are these any good

I have previously used paint rollers but have gone back to a 4" brush on
textured surfaces as I find I get better coverage and less spray

The pads would be for use on smooth plastered walls at my son's rented
property

Tony

Paint pads are excellent.

My last experience with B&Q ones is 5 years old and therefore may not
apply, but I found the pads lost bristles on the wall.

Just a comment from that moment in time.
Old October 1st 08, 05:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
OG

"TMC" wrote in message
Saw a kit in B & Q today of different size paint pads with a tray

Are these any good

I have previously used paint rollers but have gone back to a 4" brush on
textured surfaces as I find I get better coverage and less spray

IME pads are much better than rollers (I've not used a brush for a very long
time).

One useful trick is to dilute your emulsion by mixing in about 1/5 volume of
water in the tray. It makes the paint go on much smoother and (despite going
further) it usually doesn't need an extra coat.

Old October 3rd 08, 02:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , TMC
writes
Saw a kit in B & Q today of different size paint pads with a tray

Are these any good

I have previously used paint rollers but have gone back to a 4" brush on
textured surfaces as I find I get better coverage and less spray

The pads would be for use on smooth plastered walls at my son's rented
property

Used the small B&Q pads last week for applying eggshell to woodwork and
some small areas of emulsion on smooth plaster. Brushed them out before
initial use to remove any loose bristles and they were fine.

--
Robert

Paint Pads The Medway Handyman UK diy 39 September 16th 07 10:34 PM
Air Pads Errol Groff Metalworking 11 June 3rd 05 04:31 AM
Painting pads Tony Pacc Home Repair 9 March 15th 05 04:38 AM
Knee Pads RichardC Woodworking 17 March 7th 05 04:56 PM
TIE-ON CHAIR PADS - PDF J T Woodworking 0 March 5th 05 10:33 AM