How to fix hole in floor?

Old April 14th 08, 03:07 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to fix hole in floor?

I took off my floor board in my kitchen and I uncovered a big hole/
crack in the middle of kitchen floor. They are a couple poles in the
floor part on the concrete flooring. Is this something to worry about?
How can I fix the hole in the floor? Will cement be appropriate? If so
what type of cement is appropriate for a floor? What the procedure for
fixing the problem.?

Additional Details

1) Is it a concrete floor that you are worried about? Yes partially.

2) Is it a hole or a crack? A hole

3) Is the kitchen on a ground floor with a solid floor underneath or
on a higher floor with rooms underneath? The kitchen is on a ground
floor with a solid floor underneath.
Old April 14th 08, 12:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I took off my floor board in my kitchen and I uncovered a big hole/
crack in the middle of kitchen floor. They are a couple poles in the
floor part on the concrete flooring. Is this something to worry about?
How can I fix the hole in the floor? Will cement be appropriate? If so
what type of cement is appropriate for a floor? What the procedure for
fixing the problem.?

Additional Details

1) Is it a concrete floor that you are worried about? Yes partially.

2) Is it a hole or a crack? A hole

3) Is the kitchen on a ground floor with a solid floor underneath or
on a higher floor with rooms underneath? The kitchen is on a ground
floor with a solid floor underneath.

If the hole's an inch or more across & deep, a 3:1 sand:cement
mix should fill it fine. Much smaller hole and the mix may break up.

NT
Old April 16th 08, 12:42 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14 Apr, 02:07, wrote:
I took off my floor board in my kitchen and I uncovered a bighole/
crack in the middle of kitchen floor. They are a couple poles in the
floor part on the concrete flooring. Is this something to worry about?
How can I fix theholein the floor? Will cement be appropriate? If so
what type of cement is appropriate for a floor? What the procedure for
fixing the problem.?

Additional Details

1) Is it a concrete floor that you are worried about? Yes partially.

2) Is it aholeor a crack? Ahole

3) Is the kitchen on a ground floor with a solid floor underneath or
on a higher floor with rooms underneath? The kitchen is on a ground
floor with a solid floor underneath.

the hole is 500mm x 600mm in size but 100mm dip. the damp proof course
(DPC) is damaged. the DPC is in form of plastic. can you please give
me advise of how to fix the problem.
Old April 24th 08, 12:59 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Apr, 09:42, (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:
In article ,
writes:

theholeis 500mm x 600mm in size but 100mm dip. the damp proof course
(DPC) is damaged. the DPC is in form of plastic. can you please give
me advise of how to fix the problem.

Any idea what caused it?

Is theholecausing any problems, i.e. why are you wanting to fix it?

--
Andrew Gabriel

no, the hole is not causing any problem. it just ugly to look at and
to preventing it causing any further problem.