Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hole in Tile Floor

I have a hole in my tile floor the size of a penny round and probably less
than an inch deep. The tile is a smoke whitish pink. Any suggestions on
how to fix this without having to redo the floor? The tile is is one of
the middle tiles and its throughout my home so taking it up would be a
nightmare.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair

jenncard writes:

Any suggestions on
how to fix this without having to redo the floor?

Structural but visible: fill with grout.

Best cosmetics: cut a matching plug from a spare tile or inconspicuous
spot, epoxy in place.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Are no extra tiles in the house, maybe you can ger an exact color and
batch match at a local tile store and put in one piece.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 15:31:45 -0500, "jenncard"
wrote:

I have a hole in my tile floor the size of a penny round and probably less
than an inch deep. The tile is a smoke whitish pink. Any suggestions on
how to fix this without having to redo the floor? The tile is is one of
the middle tiles and its throughout my home so taking it up would be a
nightmare.

Thanks

There are many kinds of tile. What is yours? Vinyl, ceramic,
granite, woodplank, ?????????????

Your question can not be answered without knowing......
Either way, you need a spare tile to do it right, but how to do it
depends on the type of tile.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a hole in my tile floor the size of a penny round and probably less
than an inch deep. The tile is a smoke whitish pink. Any suggestions on
how to fix this without having to redo the floor? The tile is is one of
the middle tiles and its throughout my home so taking it up would be a
nightmare.

Epoxy a brass compass rose into the hole, and pretend you meant to
do that.